2. Preliminary Analysis of the Opportunity
Check if the project is aligned with the objectives of the funds:
3. Meetings with founders
- Assess the expertise, skills and experience of founders and management team.
- Determine their resilience vis-à-vis challenges, commitment to the project and alignment with the venture capital fund’s strategic objectives.
4. Business Plan Analysis
- Detailed assessment of the business plan, including an analysis of the market, product, founder/management team curricula and marketing and sales strategy.
- Assessment of the technology’s degree of innovation and development status.
- Assessment of the project’s financial viability by analysing available financial statements and financial projections.
- Gather feedback from existing or potential customers, suppliers and/or advisors, when applicable.
5. Negotiation with founders
- Negotiation with founders and presentation of Term Sheet.
- Calling of a meeting of the venture capital fund’s Investment Committee to approve investment amounts and conditions negotiated between the parties.
6. Meetings with founders and Management Team
- Evaluation of expertise, skills and experience of founders and management team, their resilience vis-à-vis challenges, commitment to the business plan and alignment with the fund’s strategic objectives.
If there is a positive assessment by the evaluation team, the respective investment project will be submitted to the Investment Committee and subsequently to the Board of Directors, which will decide upon the approval of the business, the amounts to be allocated and the conditions to be met.